Physicians – Full-Time Position in Pasadena and Severna Park
Call WiseCare Urgent Care at 410.255.3070 Today
WiseCare Urgent Care, which is dedicated to serving the community, is a new state-of-the-art urgent care facility located in Pasadena, MD, and Severna Park. Since we opened in February 2015, our volume has steadily grown, and now we are seeking full-time physicians to join this collegial group in our Pasadena location, as well as in Severna Park.
The center offers after-hours and weekend urgent care, including on-site radiology and laboratory services. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
The ideal candidate will be BC/BE in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Internal Medicine, with excellent communication skills and dedication to compassionate, high-quality care.
All candidates must be comfortable with urgent care procedures such as suturing, I&D, splinting, EKG, and x-ray interpretation. All candidates must also be comfortable with pediatric patients.
- Ensure proper injury care, diagnosis, treatment, and management of minor illnesses
- Evaluation of trauma and perform skin laceration repair as needed
- Evaluation and treatment of the occupational medicine patient
- Assessment and treatment of the pediatric patient with minor illnesses
- Follow basic clinical care standards and practice evidence-based medicine
- Orthopedic injury management
- Complete chart documentation using an EMR
- Prescribe and administer medications
- Supervise mid-level providers on a limited basis
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of residency program in Emergency Medicine, Family or Internal Medicine.
- Candidate should have a minimum of one (1) year full-time experience in Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine.
- Comfort with pediatric patients.
- Comfortable with simple orthopedic procedures such as fracture management/splinting
- Proficiency with suturing simple skin lacerations, incision and drainage of simple abscesses.
- Comfort and experience with gynecologic exams.
- Comfortable reading ECGs and X-RAY wet reads.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Maryland.
- Active Maryland CDS registration and active DEA license.
- If trained outside the US or Canada, will need to have a valid ECFMG certificate.
You may contact WiseCare Urgent Care about this position by sending your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.