Provides responsible leadership for all administrative, financial, personnel, clerical, housekeeping, and maintenance functions of the medical practice. Plans, delegates, and assigns duties to employees. This person will monitor the activities of all practice operations to ensure the efficient, smooth operation and coordination of the office. This position will act as a liaison between staff, physicians, and Practice Administrator. This is a full-time position and is eligible for full-time benefits. The candidate will need to have a Bachelor’s degree in health care, business management or in a related discipline. The candidate needs to be a licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds strong positive communication with physicians and works as a team to enhance the success of the practice.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to build employee morale and individual motivation.
- Analyzes and staff front office and back office to meet the needs of health care professionals and patients efficiently and courteously.
- Interviews applicants for employment.
- Monitors, coaches, develops and evaluates the performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards.
- Trains new staff in department policies and procedures.
- Establishes work schedules and assigns to specified areas of the department.
- Orients colleagues that are new to the area or new to the performance of specific tasks.
- Supervises work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Counsels, disciplines and recommends performance action as necessary.
- Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are met.
- Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Plans and initiates process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible for OSHA and other regulatory training and compliance.
- Coordinates cleanliness, orderliness, and safety of working environment.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure personnel policy, and development and communication to staff achieve consistency in employee relations.
- The Urgent Care Center is open 7 days a week and on holidays.
* EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES: * Ability to anticipate problems, and apply resource management skills to identify solutions. * Must have a sensitivity to complex relationships among medical group members. * Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. * Ability to work with patients, families, and office staff in a cooperative and diplomatic manner. * Operates all office equipment including computers, fax, and copy machines. * Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s