Physicians – Full Time Position in Pasadena and Severna Park
Call WiseCare Urgent Care at 410.255.3070 Today
WiseCare Urgent Care, which is dedicated to serving the community, is a new state-of-the-art urgent care facility located in Pasadena, MD and Severna Park. Since we opened in February 2015, our volume has steadily grown, and now we are seeking full time physicians to join this collegial group in our Pasadena location, as well as in Severna Park.
The center offers after-hours and weekend urgent care, including on-site radiology and laboratory services. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
The ideal candidate will be BC/BE in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Internal Medicine, with excellent communication skills and dedication to compassionate, high-quality care.
All candidates must be comfortable with urgent care procedures such as suturing, I&D, splinting, EKG, and x-ray interpretation. All candidates must also be comfortable with pediatric patients.
- Ensure proper injury care, diagnosis, treatment, and management of minor illnesses
- Evaluation of trauma and perform skin laceration repair as needed
- Evaluation and treatment of the occupational medicine patient
- Assessment and treatment of the pediatric patient with minor illnesses
- Follow basic clinical care standards and practice evidence-based medicine
- Orthopedic injury management
- Complete chart documentation using an EMR
- Prescribe and administer medications
- Supervise mid-level providers on a limited basis
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of residency program in Emergency Medicine, Family or Internal Medicine.
- Candidate should have a minimum of one (1) year full-time experience in Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine.
- Comfort with pediatric patients.
- Comfortable with simple orthopedic procedures such as fracture management/splinting
- Proficiency with suturing simple skin lacerations, incision and drainage of simple abscesses.
- Comfort and experience with gynecologic exams.
- Comfortable reading ECGs and X-RAY wet reads.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Maryland.
- Active Maryland CDS registration and active DEA license.
- If trained outside the US or Canada, will need to have a valid ECFMG certificate.